NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF NOMINATION. NOMINEE MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF NOMINATION AND MUST BE AN RN (REGISTERED NURSE), LPN (LICENCED PRACTICAL NURSE), OR APN (ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE) WHO IS CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AND CURRENTLY ADMINISTERS DIRECT PATIENT CARE.
- PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Amazing Nurses 2013 nomination period begins on May 7, 2013 at 12:01:01 P.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 31, 2013 at 11:59 A.M. ET (“Nomination Period”). Judging will be conducted by a qualified panel of judges as selected by Sponsor who will select the top ten (10) nominations (the “Finalists”) based on the Judging Criteria (as defined below). The Finalists will be notified on or about June 7, 2013. The ten (10) Finalists will be announced on www.facebook.com/JNJNursingNotes/app_435838129764336 (the “Program Site”) on July 15, 2013. Public voting will start at 12:01 P.M. ET on July 15, 2013 and end at 11:59 A.M. ET on August 16, 2013 (“Public Voting Period”). The potential 2013 Amazing Nurse will be notified on or about September 6, 2013 and announced on the Program Site on or about September 9, 2013. By participating in the Program, both Nominee and Nominator (“Participant” or “Participants”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Johnson & Johnson (“Sponsor”) and/or Judges, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: To submit a nomination, you must be a legal U.S. resident and reside in the U.S. (excluding Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and other U.S. territories and possessions) and eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of Nomination at the time of participation (“Nominator”). The individual you are nominating must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN) and/or any Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) who is currently employed in that capacity and currently administers direct patient care, a legal U.S. resident and residing in the U.S. (excluding Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and other U.S. territories and possessions) and twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of nomination (“Nominee”). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Trepoint (“Administrator”), judges, promotion suppliers, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, and all of their respective advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Program (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (as defined by the IRS) and/or people living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to be selected as a Finalist or 2013 Amazing Nurse. Program is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- FOUR (4) WAYS TO NOMINATE AN AMAZING NURSE: To nominate someone whom you believe is an amazing nurse who meets the eligibility requirements set forth above, follow the directions provided to complete all required contact information for you and your Nominee, then compose and submit an essay of no more than 300 words explaining why your Nominee deserves to be the 2013 Amazing Nurse.
- Online: Visit the Program Site on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/JIkmHi and click on the Amazing Nurses 2013 tab or at www.AmazingNurses.com ("Microsite") during the Nomination Period. Fully complete the on-line registration form with all required information including your name, complete address (including City, State, and Zip), valid email address, birth date, and phone number as well as the name, complete address (including City, State, and Zip), valid email address, birth date, and phone number of your Nominee along with an essay of a maximum of 300 words or less explaining why your Nominee deserves to be the 2013 Amazing Nurse. Your essay should also include a title of no more than 50 characters (collectively, with the Nomination form and essay, “Nomination”). Online nominations must be received by 11:59 A.M. ET on May 31, 2013 to be eligible.
- By Fax: Nominator may submit a nomination by fax by sending a fully completed Nomination form to (516) 467-1441. Nominations submitted by fax must be received by 11:59 A.M. ET on May 31, 2013 to be eligible.
- By Mail: Nominator may submit a nomination by mail by sending a fully completed Nomination form in a No. 10 envelope to: Amazing Nurses 2013 Nomination, Trepoint, 98 Cutter Mill Rd., Suite 479-N, Great Neck, NY 11021. Only one entry permitted per envelope; no mechanically reproduced entries. Each mailed Nomination must be mailed separately if you are nominating more than one nurse. Mail-in Nominations must be postmarked by May 31, 2013 and received by June 7, 2013 to be eligible.
- By Email: Nominator may submit a nomination by email by sending a fully completed Nomination form to email@example.com. Nominations submitted by email must be received by 11:59 A.M. ET on May 31, 2013 to be eligible.
You may nominate as many qualified nurses over the Nomination Period as you like. Note: Nominations must be submitted on behalf of another person. You may not nominate yourself and any self-nomination will be void. Nominations may only be submitted in the name of a single person; group nominations are not acceptable and are void. False or deceptive Nominations or acts may render a Nominee ineligible and all associated Nominations will be void. No revisions, edits, modifications or changes can be made to a Nomination once it has been submitted.
Nominations submitted outside of the Nomination Period will not be accepted. The clock on Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for the Program. Nominations received via script, macro, automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device, and Nominations that are late, tampered with, incomplete, garbled, delayed, misdirected, lost, misplaced, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Promotion Entities not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, Internet Service Provider (ISP), technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise; or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering, participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Program. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Program, or acting in violation of these Official Rules.
By entering the Program, each Nominee warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Program. Entrant agrees that Promotion Entities shall retain full authority, in their sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and agrees to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by Promotion Entities. The information that you provide in connection with the Program may be used for the Sponsor’s internal purposes to administer this Program.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR NOMINATION: Nomination must be original and created by the Nominator and be in English, cannot have been previously published or submitted in connection with any other program, be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Nomination that it determines, in its sole discretion, is offensive or inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or that is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. If the Nomination mentions any third party (in addition to Nominee), Nominator is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Nomination, any and all name and likeness permissions necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Nomination by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions (or permission of Nominee) in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Nominator at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Nomination null and void.
- NOMINATOR'S REPRESENTATIONS: By submitting a Nomination, Nominator represents and warrants that he/she has permission from the Nominee to make the nomination and that his/her Nomination complies with the requirements set forth above and is otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF FINALISTS: Each eligible Nomination received will be scored by a panel of professional judges selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects of the Program. All Nominations will be scored based on the following weighted judging criteria (collectively, “Judging Criteria”) to determine the ten (10) Finalists.
- (0-10 points) Inspiring Experience
- (0-10 points) Exceptional Care
- (0-10 points) Lasting Impact
Any Nominee may only be determined to be a Finalist once. In the event that any two or more Nominations represent the same Nominee, only the top scoring Nomination from among such Nominations will be considered. Any additional Nominations for such Nominee will be disqualified and the next highest scoring Nomination(s) will be considered. The decisions of the Judges are final and legally binding as it pertains to the judging process. In the event of a tie, an additional tie-breaking judge will judge all tied Nominations using the Judging Criteria to determine the Finalist(s). Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer than ten (10) Finalists if it determines, in its sole discretion, it has not received a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Nominations.
- FINALISTS' REQUIREMENTS: Finalists will receive notification from Sponsor on or about June 7, 2013. Finalists must respond within three (3) business days of being notified as a Finalist, or Finalist may be disqualified and the next-highest scoring entry will be selected as a Finalist. Finalist will be required to sign affidavit. The Finalist will be required to submit a photograph and video of themselves by June 18. Finalist, if determined the 2013 Amazing Nurse, must also agree to be filmed for a profile piece and be available for interviews with selected media outlets. Finalists cannot submit professional videos. Finalists’ videos will support their Program Profile to be used on the Program Site and Microsite. Complete instructions for this video submission will be provided by the Sponsor upon Finalist selection.
- PUBLIC VOTING PHASE: Finalists will be featured on the Program Site on Facebook and the Microsite during the Public Voting Period where individuals will be invited to vote for the Finalists they think best capture the Judging Criteria. Limit one (1) vote per person/email address per nurse per day throughout the Public Voting Period (a “day” representing 12:01 P.M. – 11:59 A.M. ET). You may only vote once per day regardless of voting via Facebook or the Microsite. Votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Use of script, macro or any automated system to vote or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be void. Votes obtained by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, payment for votes or offering to trade votes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, may result in those votes being void and the Finalist(s) being disqualified.
- 2013 AMAZING NURSE DETERMINATION: The Finalist with the most public votes during the Public Voting Period will be deemed the potential 2013 Amazing Nurse (subject to potential 2013 Amazing Nurse clearance by Judges). In the event of a tie, the Judges will use the Judging Criteria, as listed above, to determine the potential 2013 Amazing Nurse.
The decisions of the Judges are final and legally binding as they pertain to the judging process.
- 2013 AMAZING NURSE NOTIFICATION: The potential 2013 Amazing Nurse and the Nominator (and, if the nominator is at least 18 years of age but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) who submitted the highest scoring Nomination will both be notified on or about August 26, 2013 by phone, email and/or mail using the contact information provided at the time of Nomination. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential 2013 Amazing Nurse notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by potential 2013 Amazing Nurse or applicable Nominator for any reason. Potential 2013 Amazing Nurse and Nominator must agree not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding the identity of the 2013 Amazing Nurse or their participation in the Program without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. If, despite reasonable efforts, the potential 2013 Amazing Nurse or his/her Nominator does not respond within three (3) business days of date of the first notification attempt such potential 2013 Amazing Nurse will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitted, the runner-up may be selected. Potential 2013 Amazing Nurse and his/her Nominator will each be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where permitted by law) a Publicity Release. Potential 2013 Amazing Nurse may also be required to submit to a background check of any and all records of potential 2013 Amazing Nurse, including, without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify potential 2013 Amazing Nurse if he/she fails to authorize such check or if, based on the results of the background check, Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the title to such potential 2013 Amazing Nurse might reflect negatively on Sponsor.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: By submitting a Nomination, each Nominator agrees and hereby grants to Sponsor and its successors, licensees and assigns an unlimited, perpetual, irrevocable, assignable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to reproduce, distribute, perform, create derivative works of, edit, alter, display, exhibit, combine with other materials, exploit and otherwise use the Nomination, and all elements embodied therein, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons embodied therein, in any manner and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, for commercial purposes, without compensation or notification to, or permission from, Nominator, Nominee or any third party and hereby waives any moral rights in the Nomination.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Nominator agrees that the Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Nominations by third parties and that the Released Parties will have no obligation to make any use whatsoever of the Nomination and they may not post, take down and/or cease using any Nomination for any reason or for no reason at any time in their sole discretion.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of a title constitutes the 2013 Amazing Nurse’s permission for the Promotion Entities and their respective designees to use the 2013 Amazing Nurse’s Nomination materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and city and state (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or authorization (except where prohibited by law), and the 2013 Amazing Nurse releases the Released Parties from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
- DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, garbled, delayed, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen Nominations, votes, emails or mail; all of which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual(s) and void all associated Nominations/votes who are found to be tampering with the Nomination process or the operation of the Program, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Program, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Program if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Program is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Program as contemplated herein. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and Sponsor will determine the 2013 Amazing Nurse from among all non-suspect eligible Nominations and votes (if applicable) using the 2013 Amazing Nurse determination procedure outlined above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Program as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Program. If the Program is terminated before the designated end date, as stated above, a notice will be posted online and Sponsor will determine the 2013 Amazing Nurse from among all non-suspect eligible Nominations and votes (if applicable) using the 2013 Amazing Nurse determination procedure outlined above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities and Facebook, Inc. (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Program, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Program, the processing or judging of Nominations, the tabulation of votes, or in any Program-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Program. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Program or downloading materials from or use of the website.
Participants hereby release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Program or any Program-related activity.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the nominator and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- 2013 AMAZING NURSE’S NAME: To obtain the name of the 2013 Amazing Nurse (available after September 9, 2013), you may send an email with the subject line “2013 Amazing Nurse” to: 2013Nurse@amazingnurses.com. All such requests must be received by November 9, 2013.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Trepoint, 98 Cutter Mill Rd., Suite 479N, Great Neck, NY 11021.
- SPONSOR: Johnson & Johnson, 1 Johnson & Johnson Plaza, New Brunswick, NJ 08933.
© 2013 Johnson & Johnson. All Rights Reserved